Los Arqueros Golf & Country Club S.A., dedicated to Management and running Golf Courses, considers that the Occupational Health and Safety of its employees, and other people that may be affected by their activities, is fundamental to achieve a safe and satisfactory working environment.
Consequently, the prevention of any kind of injuries and illnesses resulting from work-related matters, the continual improvement of working conditions in every centre, year after year, and the management of Occupational Health and Safety issues and their results, are considered principal commitments.
The Management of the company has assumed responsibility for the leadership of Occupational Health and Safety management and considers that the best system to support this is to view prevention issues as intrinsic and inherent to all the processes of the company. Consequently, its application and development concerns all hierarchic levels and organisational units and these are committed to including preventive management in their daily activities.
In accordance with the above commitments, Los Arqueros Golf & Country Club S.A., is adopting an Occupational Health and Safety Policy based on the following principles:
- Compliance with current Occupational Health and Safety legislation. The company will take responsibility, as a whole, for complying with legislation. This responsibility will be assumed from the highest level of Management.
- Assessment of the working conditions of the employees, establishing prevention plans to eliminate or control risks.
- Integration of the system into the running of the company, so that prevention is incorporated into all activities which potentially affect Occupational Health and Safety for all their employees.
- Taking prevention issues into account from origin, right from the design process, contracting or acquisition. In reference to work centres, furniture, equipment, products and computer equipment provided for the employees by the company.
- Developing, applying and maintaining adequate procedures to control and ensure safe working conditions.
- Guaranteeing adequate information and continuous training, both theoretical as well as practical, for employees on the occupational health and safety policy.
The Management will guarantee adequate resources to ensure this policy is known, understood, developed and maintained by the whole organisation.
This policy will be updated if and when the initial circumstances that brought it about change, depending on technical progress and amendments to legislation. The review of this policy will take into account internal and external audits in order to check compliance with the current Occupational Health and Safety policy.
The Management trusts that everyone will understand the importance of these guidelines and incorporate them into their working practices.
In 2004, Los Arqueros obtained the Health and Safety Certificate based on the standard OHSAS 18.001.